IMVC2018 is excited to announce the prestigious first prize award for this year's Student Competition to be held at the IMVC conference on March 6, 2018 in Tel Aviv.
The lucky graduate student winner will enjoy a unique opportunity to work with Nexar Chief Scientist Prof. Trevor Darrell - one of the leading scientists in deep learning and autonomous vehicles and the father of CAFFE - in a paid internship both in Israel and in Nexar's state-of-the-art Research Lab in San Francisco. All flights and accommodations in California will be included in the prize.
The deadline for the IMVC 2018 Student Competition will be extended to February 15, 2018 to give all students the optimal chance to showcase their talents and work with a dynamic AI tech leader at the very forefront of the self-driving car industry.
Thank you Nexar for providing an incredible opportunity to the first prize winner of the IMVC 2018 Student Competition!
This year the competition will be separate for undergraduate students and postgraduate students.
The work will be reviewed on the basis of innovation and applicability.
The winner will be announced at that IMVC 2018 Conference on March 6 2018 at the David Intercontinental Hotel in Tel Aviv.
Criteria for Participating in the Competition
- Undergraduate, second or third degree students in a recognized academic institution: university or college.
- The research was published in a journal, conference, thesis or project during the University Academic Year 2016-17
- The work was performed by a maximum of two students
- The research work was performed mainly by the students
- The work should deal with one of the following areas: Image Processing, Computer Vision, Video Processing and Deep Vision.
All works must adhere to the following requirements:
- The student work should not exceed 8 pages
- The proposal should include the following:
- Description of the Problem
- Proposed Solution
- A brief biography of the presenters
- Relevant publications and materials can be submitted with your proposal; however only your submitted work will be reviewed
- All presenters are required to provide a written authorization from the researcher's place of employment or academic supervisor.
Please send your paper to: Dr. Koby Cohen or Dr. Chen Sagiv
Deadline for Submission:
February 15, 2018
Notification of Acceptance:
February 25, 2018